Salma Hayek 'Felt Ashamed' For Delaying Her Weinstein Story

Salma Hayek: Harvey Weinstein threatened to 'break my kneecaps'

Eventually, however, Hayek penned an op-ed in December for the New York Times where she detailed Weinstein's alleged continual harassment, which began after Weinstein's former company Miramax produced "Frida", Hayek's 2002 film about famed Mexican artist Frida Kahlo, which she produced and starred in.

She has previously revealed in the NY times that Weinstein, who is accused of raping, sexually abusing and harassing dozens of actresses, once threatened to kill her and had pressured her into filming a nude sex scene with a female co-star.

"I have my own experiences that have come back to me very vividly, and I find it really hard to sleep, hard to think, hard to communicate a lot of the feelings that I've been having about anxiety, honest, the guilt for not speaking up earlier", she said. I felt like my pain was so small [compared to others].

It was an emotional piece for Hayek to scribe - so emotional, she nearly didn't write it! "He claimed that my name as an actress was not big enough and that I was incompetent as a producer", Hayek wrote, after sharing the legal struggle she entered with Weinstein following his attempts to remove her from the film. "I started crying because (I had PTSD) (post-traumatic stress disorder)".

"Then I felt ashamed", she continued. I was supporting women for two decades but I couldn't do this... News, "Mr. Weinstein regards Salma Hayek as a first-class actress and cast her in several of his movies".

In a conversation with Oprah Winfrey at the Apollo Theater on Wednesday night, Hayek, 51, told the TV personality that Weinstein told the film's director, Julie Taymor: "I am going to break the kneecaps of that 'C-word'". The people closest to Harvey basically went "Yeah, I can see that, he's always been a colossal dickhead".

Salma Hayek shocked fans when she revealed that she was on the long list of celebrities and famous actresses who fell victim to Harvey Weinstein's sexual misconduct. "[Weinstein] was not the first guy to do this to me", she said. He never raped me (but the harassment) was not one or two occasions. I went, 'Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no. "He told me, 'I'm going to kill you'". "I thought of the shame (sic)".

But the actress also expressed that it was in part because she felt her "pain was so small compared to all the other stories", and revisiting her experience of harassment was so painful. I thought, "There's no point for me to talk because it happens to everyone"'. "It's important to take responsibility for the things we do to others, but we must stop apologizing for being attacked and we must move into a place where you can actually have a conversation".

Here's the interesting part about Harvey Weinstein and all these allegations.

Salma Hayek and Oprah speak onstage during "Oprah's Super Soul Conversations" at The Apollo Theater on February 7, 2018 in NY.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Twitter is soaring after reporting its first quarterly profit (TWTR)
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:02
Current price levels see the company 29.92% off the 20-day simple moving average. 0 analysts gave its stock an Outperform rating. Overall revenue was $731.6 million, beating Wall Street's target of $686.1 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Forces hit by United States in Syria included Russian mercenaries, official says
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:02
Veale said Wednesday's attack by pro-regime forces was large-scale, involving battle tanks, rocket launchers and artillery. Syrian government forces are active on the other side of the river around the city of Deir el-Zour.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Former Les Mis star SuRie to sing for United Kingdom at Eurovision
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:02
The former backing singer for Chris Martin and Will Young has also starred in Les Miserables. She describes the song as "a smash" and says it is an 'anthemic, soulful pop party'.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Amazon rolls out Prime Now deliveries from Whole Foods
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:01
In contrast, Whole Foods orders will be filled by pickers who will actually go down the aisles of nearby Whole Food stores. The two-hour delivery implies no costs while the one-hour delivery costs $7.99 on order higher than $35.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top FDA Analysis Finds Evidence of Kratom's Opioid Properties
Feb 08, 2018 - 07:24
The FDA conducted a scientific analysis using a computational model developed by agency scientists, he said. Result: kratom has a strong bind to mu-opioid receptors, comparable to scheduled opioid drugs .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top New raids on battered Syria rebel enclave kill 7: monitor
Feb 08, 2018 - 07:22
The global chemical weapons watchdog says it is investigating recent allegations of chemical weapons use in Syria . Earlier this month, Egeland, had said the situation in Idlib province was "screaming for a ceasefire".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Smart TVs become new path for hackers to attack
Feb 08, 2018 - 07:20
However, the process by which people agree is often murky, Consumer Reports says, and it often leads to less functionality. Last February, Vizio was fined for collecting and selling data of this sort without the permission of its users.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Kim Jong-Un's Sister To Visit South Korea In Historic First
Feb 08, 2018 - 07:16
The plan centers around rallying the worldwide community to further isolate North Korea both diplomatically and economically. The orchestra is scheduled to perform at Gangneung, near Pyeongchang , on Thursday and in the capital, Seoul, on Sunday.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Srinagar Hospital Shooting UPDATES: Pak Terrorist Naveed Jutt Escapes, 2 Policemen Killed
Feb 08, 2018 - 07:14
Jat and five others had been brought to the hospital for a routine medical checkup by policemen when the militants fired on them. As they were advancing towards hospital ward, two militants were already present near the stairs who abruptly fired on the cops.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Hong Kong democracy protesters freed
Feb 08, 2018 - 07:12
The Court of Final Appeal's ruling was an unexpected victory for the city's youthful opposition movement after recent setbacks. In 2016, Wong, Law and Chow were sentenced to non-jail terms, including community service for "unlawful assembly".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Kylie Jenner reveals newborn daughter's unusual name
Feb 07, 2018 - 01:00
However Kardash-fans needn't have anxious as Caitlyn took to Instagram today to share a sweet message to her daughter. Some fans have jumped on the bandwagon that Kylie's baby will be named something that means butterfly.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Carter Page Who Once Bragged About Advising Kremlin Backtracks
Feb 07, 2018 - 00:57
Page, however, insisted that it was a completely innocent transaction. Of course, that wasn't Page's only connection to Russian Federation .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Kenyan opposition figure charged with treason over Odinga's 'swearing in'
Feb 07, 2018 - 00:57
His supporters in the opposition stronghold of Kisumu city in western Kenya clashed with police, who fired tear gas at them. Separately, a court ordered police to halt attempts to arrest at least three Nation Media Group journalists.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Minister Insists Tory Party Is Not Run By 'Extreme Right-Wing Cabal'
Feb 07, 2018 - 00:55
European Union chief negotiator Michel Barnier meets his British opposite number, Brexit Secretary David Davis , in London. Should it forgo the customs union or take the middle path.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Uma Thurman vs. Quentin Tarantino: More Hollywood hypocrisy
Feb 07, 2018 - 00:54
The Vice Principals actress tweeted that she showed up clad in "short shorts" as requested because she wanted to nab the job. I didn't mean to do it. "While we were getting ready to do Kill Bill , Uma tells me that he had done the same thing to her".