Vonn ready to bow out on a high note

Lindsey Vonn's Comeback Gets Poetic In New Olympic Under Armour Ad

Now American Lindsey Vonn, the poster girl of the Winter Olympics, has asked her friends on the Norwegian men's ski team to find her a new man. She won a bronze in that event at Vancouver in 2010 and a gold in the downhill. Questions about Don Kildow, and the tears they prompted were inevitable following Vonn's use of social media to pay tribute to the man who first put her on skis as a two-year-old in Wisconsin.

There already are plenty of expectations from others heading into her first race, the super-G, on February 17.

"I will race for you in Korea and I will try as hard as I can to win for you".

"She's a definitely a bigger star than me", said Vonn, unabashedly making goo-goo eyes at Lucy, as her faithful companion sat at the foot of stage, where the greatest downhill racer in USA history took measure of all the big victories and painful injuries in her career.

"I was skiing really well, so I thought, 'Oh, everything's fine.' But I wasn't able to keep my mental focus until the finish, which is something that I actually pride myself on being really good at, normally".

Ever the prolific tweeter, Vonn also included a play-by-play of her experience on the delayed flight, telling her followers that she caught a man next to her discreetly trying to take a selfie with her when his camera flash accidentally gave him away. "And I really hoped he'd be alive to see me but I know he's watching and I know that he's going to help me. And".

"It's what I think about first thing when I wake up and what I think about when I go to sleep", she said.

The gloves will be off for Lindsey Vonn at her fourth - and likely final - Olympic Games, but not just yet.

Vonn, a four-time overall World Cup champion, has notched up 81 World Cup victories said she has Swedish legend Ingemar Stenmark's record of 86 race wins in her sights. "I'm proud to be your granddaughter and I will think of you always".

"She's usually in the hotel room whenever I'm racing", Vonn said.

She said the the pressure is even greater now because this is her last Games and "because I want to end on a high note".

"In 2010 I was a much healthier athlete but in 2018 I am a much stronger athlete". She enjoys sleeping the majority of the day. "I'm feeling much better, much more like myself".

The men and women will compete on the same course for the first time in Olympic history. "She travels with me everywhere". For the ski hill.

"I have someone looking out for me", she said. Linsdey Vonn has been an Olympian since she was a teenager. Now, one more time, she encounters a different set of circumstances.

Not so much physically exhausted - although that is a constant factor with the daily grind of the World Cup circuit - as she was simply mentally wiped out.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top National Pizza Day 2018: Where to Find Deals & Freebies
Feb 10, 2018 - 02:06
Einstein Bros.is giving away a free bagel and shmear every day, February 9-14, with purchase, to members of its Shmear Society . Olive Garden: Pair the chain's new Meatball Pizza Bowl with soup or salad as part of the Create Your Own Lunch Duos menu .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Analyst at Needham Maintained Viacom Inc (NASDAQ:VIAB)Stock Rating as a '"Hold"'
Feb 10, 2018 - 02:06
Check to see if the CEO's and other directors, officers have a stake in the business which can show confidence inside management. The dividend yield expresses to the investor the amount of return to expect against the amount of capital invested in the stock.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top White House marching forward with military parade idea
Feb 10, 2018 - 02:06
Dick Durbin called the idea "a fantastic waste of money to amuse the president", and Sen. White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said there had been no final decision.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Hamlin named U.S. flag bearer
Feb 10, 2018 - 02:04
Sports' highest court has rejected appeals by 45 Russian athletes plus two coaches who were banned from the PyeongChang Olympics . The women's luge competition will get underway on February 12, when Hamlin will look to add another medal to her collection.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Irish finance minister expects United Kingdom to honour December #Brexit deal
Feb 10, 2018 - 02:02
The Tories are putting everything on the line because they do not care about the lives and livelihoods of the people of the UK. The Scottish Conservatives accused SNP ministers at the time of "completely over-the-top scaremongering".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Bermuda Revokes Same-Sex-Marriage Rights, In A World First
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:06
Walton Brown, Bermuda's Minister of Home Affairs, whose ruling PLP party proposed the act, said he was pleased with the decision. The previous year, two-thirds of voters had rejected same-sex marriage in a referendum, although turnout was low at below 50%.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Salma Hayek 'Felt Ashamed' For Delaying Her Weinstein Story
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:04
Salma Hayek and Oprah speak onstage during " Oprah's Super Soul Conversations " at The Apollo Theater on February 7, 2018 in NY . I went, 'Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no. "He told me, 'I'm going to kill you'". "I thought of the shame (sic)".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top What the Technicals Say About QUALCOMM Incorporated (QCOM)
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:03
QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM) now has a Weekly Volatility of 4.38% percent while its Monthly Volatility is at 2.20% percent. It improved, as 54 investors sold EPD shares while 262 reduced holdings. 104 funds opened positions while 395 raised stakes.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Twitter is soaring after reporting its first quarterly profit (TWTR)
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:02
Current price levels see the company 29.92% off the 20-day simple moving average. 0 analysts gave its stock an Outperform rating. Overall revenue was $731.6 million, beating Wall Street's target of $686.1 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Forces hit by United States in Syria included Russian mercenaries, official says
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:02
Veale said Wednesday's attack by pro-regime forces was large-scale, involving battle tanks, rocket launchers and artillery. Syrian government forces are active on the other side of the river around the city of Deir el-Zour.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Amazon rolls out Prime Now deliveries from Whole Foods
Feb 09, 2018 - 02:01
In contrast, Whole Foods orders will be filled by pickers who will actually go down the aisles of nearby Whole Food stores. The two-hour delivery implies no costs while the one-hour delivery costs $7.99 on order higher than $35.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Kylie Jenner Reveals the Name of Her Newborn Baby Girl
Feb 09, 2018 - 01:59
I knew for myself I needed to prepare for this role of a lifetime in the most positive, stress free and healthy way I knew how. It's not the most reliable statement in the world, but then there's the issue of Kylie's current relationship with the rapper.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top FDA Analysis Finds Evidence of Kratom's Opioid Properties
Feb 08, 2018 - 07:24
The FDA conducted a scientific analysis using a computational model developed by agency scientists, he said. Result: kratom has a strong bind to mu-opioid receptors, comparable to scheduled opioid drugs .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top New raids on battered Syria rebel enclave kill 7: monitor
Feb 08, 2018 - 07:22
The global chemical weapons watchdog says it is investigating recent allegations of chemical weapons use in Syria . Earlier this month, Egeland, had said the situation in Idlib province was "screaming for a ceasefire".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Apple battery health fix - What it looks like
Feb 08, 2018 - 07:20
If everything is functioning well, you should see a message that reads: "Your battery is now supporting normal peak performance". Apple has confirmed that the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and 8 Plus do not have the performance management system used in older iPhones.