Jon Rahm wins in Bahamas, ends year with 3 titles

Spain's Jon Rahm hits from the fourth tee during the last round of the Hero World Challenge at Albany Golf Club in Nassau Bahamas Sunday Dec. 2 2018

Tiger Woods avoided a penalty on the 18th hole during the second round at the Hero World Challenge as Jon Rahm produced a brilliant performance to move into a tie for the lead with Henrik Stenson.

Sweden's Stenson and Spain's Rahm, who shared the overnight lead, couldn't be separated at the close of day three in signing for three-under par 69s while American Finau birdied both the 15th and 16th holes in a round of 67 to join his European Ryder Cup-winning rivals. "I took care of the par 5s, and on this golf course, that's what you have to do to play well".

"That Sunday with Tiger is still the most emotional, most important moment of my golf career", said Rahm, 24, who has been ranked as high as second in the world in his still young career.

Woods laughed and offered some passing advice, "He told me it's all about feel", Rahm recalled.

Finau took advantage of his power to birdie four of the five par-fives but it was a deft touch at the par-four 18th that impressed as much as anything else he did.

This Sunday, Rahm won the sixth pro career title beating back a star-studded field by four shots on his debut at the Hero World Challenge. Gary Woodland had a 67 and, after being over par midway through the opening round, suddenly was just two shots behind.

"I hope I keep winning three times every year", Rahm said.

Though his playing is done for the year, Woods can not relax just yet.

He added, "Also, the Sunday of the PGA my grandpa had just passed as soon as I finished". The five-time champion cut a sorry figure at the bottom of the board as he ended the day with a 72 that left him 11 shots back.

He'll be there for three days as part of his preparations as the USA Presidents Cup Team Captain ahead of the staging of the biennial event last next year.

He went on saying, as if it was all happening right in from of him all over again: "When I hit it and it went in, I mean, it's all that feeling, right?" He dropped to one knee to pop the ball back to the grass, came up just short of the green, chipped weakly and made double bogey for a 69.

He said, "I think I've seen every video on YouTube about Seve and Tiger". "I know I can play now, and I know I can win". I know he's up there with my grandpa telling him everything about golf even though Seve knows a little bit. "The only thing I would say could use some improvement is just maybe making a few more putts".

"That's what you have to do to play well, so I was able to do that today".

Tournament host Woods finished second-last, a distant 19 strokes behind Rahm.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top What Will Urban Meyer's Net Worth Be When He Retires in 2019?
Dec 06, 2018 - 00:51
Meyer beat Jim Harbaugh's teams four times and Brady Hoke's teams three times in his tenure at Ohio State. Here's what a top five list of winningest active coaches now looks like without Meyer and Snyder on it.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top China agrees to reduce tariffs on U.S. cars
Dec 06, 2018 - 00:28
What pushed the two sides to the table? 'China has agreed to start purchasing agricultural product from our farmers immediately'. In order to secure the 90-day ceasefire from the US, China agreed to a number of additional commitments. "It's 90 days.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Vice President Mike Pence: 'President Bush served his country'
Dec 05, 2018 - 01:12
Bush is the first president since President Ford's 2006 death to lie in state, and the nation's capital excels at the pageantry. They stood in front of the casket with their eyes closed for a few moments, before Trump saluted the casket.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Bears defense laments "sloppy" play in loss to Giants
Dec 05, 2018 - 01:10
Saquon Barkley finished with 125 yards, the most the Bears have given up to a running back this season. Odell Beckham is good at all sports. "And those "except for a couple big plays" can get you".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top National Hockey League officially awards new expansion team to Seattle
Dec 05, 2018 - 01:10
Seattle franchises nearly all have a shade of green included, so don't be surprised if that's part of the scheme. A three-quarters vote of the current 31 owners is needed to confirm Seattle as the league's newest franchise.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Pompeo warns of escalation risk as Iran conducts missile test
Dec 05, 2018 - 00:56
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo took aim at America's current enemies, blaming them for creating instability across the world. The European parties to the nuclear deal have refused to pull out and said they would seek ways to continue trade with Iran.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Seven year-old Ryan, biggest earner on You Tube, makes $22m
Dec 05, 2018 - 00:53
Sports crew Duke Perfect made £15.7m, while Daniel Middleton , a British gamer who plays Minecraft, came fourth with £14.5m. The Daily Mail reports that Ryan's videos have become so successful that he now even has his own line of toys .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top United Kingdom government found in contempt of parliament
Dec 05, 2018 - 00:44
Mr Cox released a summary of the advice yesterday , arguing that releasing the full document would not be in the public interest. But it does highlight how little control May's fragile minority government has over MPs ahead of next Tuesday crucial vote .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top In a Rare Move, Kensington Place Publicly Denies Story About the Royals
Dec 05, 2018 - 00:23
On one side, I do hope the drama slows down because this must be hard on pregnant Meghan and post-pregnant Kate. Here is a quick and easily digestible summary of what is actually going down at Kensington Palace .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Jonas Olsson: I'd have 'knocked Klopp down' for Merseyside celebration
Dec 05, 2018 - 00:11
Liverpool's win leaves them in second place in the Premier League , just two points behind Pep Guardiola's City after 14 matches. It's not the first time we have been there. "I think he didn't expect anything (the late goal) so it was a lucky day for him".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rajinikanth-starrer to continue its winning streak
Dec 03, 2018 - 10:43
Surprisingly, the film's collection had suffered a dip on the second day as it had collected Rs 18 crore at the domestic market. Noted trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh took to Twitter to share the box-office numbers of Hindi version of "2.0".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Lawyers for former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen asks for no prison time
Dec 03, 2018 - 09:53
Further, they said that he has cooperated despite the president regularly denouncing the investigation as a "witch hunt". Two women had alleged extramarital affairs with Trump, which the president denies.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Israel Police Recommend Indicting Benjamin Netanyahu In Corruption Probe
Dec 03, 2018 - 09:50
In response to the police statement, Netanyahu said, "The police recommendations against me and my wife do not surprise anyone". The prime minister insists that he and his wife have done nothing wrong or illegal and that he intends to remain in office.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder 'could meet in spring rematch'
Dec 03, 2018 - 09:48
I didn't sit still. "As long as I'm focused for the full duration of the fight, I don't see him landing any punches at all", Fury said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Saudi Crown Prince sidelined in G20 family photo
Dec 02, 2018 - 02:33
However, US President Donald Trump has dismissed the assessment and stressed that he values US ties with the kingdom. While foreign officials say Trump is blocking global trade, protesters accuse him of exploitative capitalism.